Sunday, September 22, 2013

"Mysteries of the Unexplained: Exploring the Supernatural" show at the Bear and Bird Boutique + Gallery


The show is almost here! 

Just two more weeks until the locals-only mega-show begins. For the first time ever, I will be participating with fellow Florida artists and supernatural enthusiasts. I find it only appropriate that my first-ever show be on the best month of the year ~ Halloween!


I took the liberty of adding a heart over my name
^_____^ 

 * * *

Under the Ghostly Moon, is the piece I will be presenting at the show. I love Halloween, however choosing just one supernatural creature to feature in the show was virtually impossible for me. It took me a while to come up with a concept and the clock was ticking.

 The words "Exploring the Supernatural" really gave me a dose of inspiration for this piece. As my character, Anila, is a traveler of sorts, I made it so that during one of her many adventures she stumbles upon a gathering on the night of Halloween, where the "door" between worlds is opened just enough for the souls of the dead, and other ghostly spirits, to come forth and celebrate on this mysterious night.  Anila--dressed up in a goblin-like costume--observes these creatures in fascination, unaware she has become the object of interest of a rather curious ghost.



Under the Ghostly Moon 

Mixed Media on Watercolor Paper. 8.5 x 11. 

© Jenny De La Torre. 2013




~ Details~


















Framed up and ready for the show!


No comments:

Post a Comment